Who: All Cub Scout and Scouts BSA Leaders - Every unit should be represented at Roundtable each month in order to stay connected and informed.
What: Roundtable is a place for adult leaders to gather and receive informal continuous supplemental training. This monthly event provides program topic guidance and structure suggestions for unit leaders. It is a fun environment that creates excitement around the coming month of activities and program for unit leaders to carry back for implementation in their units.
When: Second Tuesday of each month - 7:30 pm - gathering begins at 7:15 pm (changed from second Thursday)
Where: St. Rita's Catholic Church, 12521 Inwood Rd., Dallas, TX 75244 SEPTEMBER ONLY: Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, Parish Hall, 11122 Midway Rd., Dallas 75229
Why: "Every Scout deserves a trained leader" and you will have FUN and learn new ideas to take back to your units, as well as, make new friends!
More Info: Contact:
We look forward to seeing you there!
- Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA: Program Preview & Chili Cook-Off!
September (location for this month only - Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd - see above)
- Cub Scouts & Sccouts BSA: How LDS Scouts & Scouters can continue in Scouting through Community Units (The Church endorses this!)
- Cub Scouts: Welcome to Scouting: What have I gotten myself into now?
- Scouts BSA: Junior Leader Training - The new Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) and beyond
CUB SCOUTS: Training Opportunities and Awards that can be earned by Youth & Adults
SCOUTS BSA: Building the Troop Committee & Recognizing Behind the Scenes Volunteers - The Scoutmaster can't do it all. How to develop and maintain a great Troop Committee and recognize their efforts.
- CUB SCOUTS: Derbys: Pinewood Derby, Space Derby, & Raingutter Regatta
- SCOUTS BSA: Troop Ceremonies & Campfires - Creating meaningful troop traditions & celebrating special occasions.
- CUB SCOUTS: Celebrations: Blue & Gold, Scout Sunday, Scout Shabbat, Scout Jummuah, & Crossovers to Troops
SCOUTS BSA: Order of the Arrow & Your Troop - How should you utilize Scouting's Honor Society in your unit?
- CUB SCOUTS: You Have Help!: Using trained Den Chiefs and Transitioning from Denners to Patrol Leaders in Webelos
SCOUTS BSA: Individual Scout Advancement Plan (ISAP) and Special Needs Scouts - Crafting plans for every Scout and adapting the plan for Scouts who need special considerations.
- CUB SCOUTS: Camp Cooking: How to cook for a whole Pack, especially with Food Allergies, Sensitivities, & Restrictive Diets
- SCOUTS BSA: Skills Instruction - Tips, tricks and plans for teaching Scouting skills.
- CUB SCOUTS: Scouting is a Year-Round Activity: Resident Camps, Twilight Camp, Junior Sea Scout Academy, & Other Summer Activities
- SCOUTS BSA: Conservation Service Hours/Hornaday Awards - Local opportunities for conservation service and looking at the Hornaday Awards for units and individuals.
- CUB SCOUTS: How-To: JTE & Annual Planning Meeting
- SCOUTS BSA: Old Time Scouting - What Can We Use? Scouting has been around for over 100 years and there's a lot of old information out there. Where to look to find vintage Scouting material and what to look out for.